Removing the screen door so you can work on it can be confusing. There can be many screws on an aluminum door frame and taking the door off is not necessarily intuitive. It is however, very easy.
To remove the screen door:
- Remove the screws that hold the door jamb on the hinge side of the door to the aluminum frame. You will probably need a phillips head screwdriver.
- There are usually 3 hinges on the door so expect to find at least 6 screws.
- Once the screws are removed the door should easily slide from its frame.
- Again, if you have a storm door with removable glass and screen inserts, then you do not have to remove the door. You simply remove the screen insert.
- Next, carefully move the door (or screen insert) to the work area in the next step.