High ceiling space
- Add reversible ceiling fan to create better mixture of air.
Inadequate insulation in walls, roof or attic
- Add insulation as appropriate. Blown in or foam in low access spaces, fiberglass or loose fill blow in in attic, fiberglass in basement / crawl ceiling.
- Add supplemental heat such as electric heat.
Inadequate roof vents along eaves to circulate air and vent the roof cavity
- Install attic vents in soffit and ventilation chutes at eaves to aid in air circulation.
Uninsulated living area floor over unheated area below (garage, basement, crawl)
- Insulate floor of living area and add supplemental heat to unheated area below.