Insert and Rotate Dryer Duct Brush into Ducting
Next we get a little dirty, but it's worth it. You're going to be greatly reducing the #1 risk of fire in your home (dryer fire) by doing this.
- Fasten the duct brush end to the flexible fiberglass shaft;
- Fasten as many threaded shaft sections together as needed. 2 sections come with the LintEater® Jr. 4-Piece Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit used in this tutorial;
- The other end of the brush can either be used to turn the brush manually, by hand, or it can be fastened into a variable speed drill as shown in the upper left hand inset photo.
- Insert the duct cleaning brush into the dirty lint lined duct and sweep it clean by using a rotating motion while pushing the brush back and forth;
- Go slowly and if you use a drill, make sure to use a slower speed. Once most of the lint debris is removed you can go faster to really clean the duct out.