Flame Sensor Replacement
Replacement of a removable type flame sensor is a simple repair.
- Shut off gas and power to the furnace.
- Remove the furnace's access cover.
- If the furnace has been running, wait 30 minutes or so until the flame sensor cools.
- The sensor may integral to the gas ignition system or independent and fastened to the burner assembly with a screw.
- If your sensor is removable, first disconnect the electrical wire leads to the sensor. Disconnect the other end of the leads at the control box.
- Next, remove the flame sensor by loosening the fastening screw(s) with a nut-driver or wrench.
- Replace the flame sensor and fasten with the fastening nut, tightening with a nut-driver or wrench.
- Connect the electrical leads to the sensor other end of the electrical leads to the electronic control box.
- Replace furnace access cover.