Nope, I'm not kidding. There is a right way to load paint onto the brush. You can either use paint from the paint can or pour some paint into a painting pail. A couple of neat ways to carry paint with you as you paint using a brush are with these two products:
- Paint Can Handle: For carrying a paint can around, the Canclaw hooks onto the can and provides a balanced handle.
- Paint Pail: If you want to pour off paint into a paint pail, the most comfortable paint pail I've ever used is made by Bercom International and is called the Handy Paint Pail (also has disposable liners).
- Dip the brush directly into the paint up to 1/3 of the length of the bristles. This stops the brush from being overloaded with paint and prevents dripping.
- Tap both sides of the brush lightly against the side of the can or pail. This loads the paint more on the interior of the brush.
- Do not scrape the paint off the brush by dragging across the edge of the bucket. That just removes the paint and makes the brush ineffective.