This is the premium caulk for jobs exposed to water. Silicone caulk is expensive but worth it.
- Silicone has outstanding adhesion and flexure characteristics coupled with long life.
- It also is mildew resistant, watertight, won't yellow or discolor.
- The caulk of choice for showers, tubs and other areas exposed to water.
- Typically cannot be painted but some companies have come out with paintable silicone.
- Unlike acrylic caulks, silicone is not water clean up, so you will use rubbing alcohol during the application to clean your finger or the tube tip.
Silicone also releases ammonia during curing so you should work in a ventilated area.