1. Home
Send to a Friend via Email

How to Unclog a Toilet Fixture


2 of 6

Do Not Use the Cup Plunger for Toilets
How to Unclog a Toilet Fixture

Cup Plunger (for sinks and tubs)

© Home-Cost.com 2006

There are two basic types of plungers. The "cup" plunger and the "flange" type plunger. The cup plunger is what most people have in their homes and is designed for creating a seal against a flat surface such as the bottom of a sink or bathtub.

Toilets however have a bowl shape and cup plungers don't work because they lose their seal when you pull up. For use with toilets, you need the Flange Plunger.

Promotional Feature: View this video series to learn how to take good care of your house.

Related Video
How to Use a Plunger

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.