Rotten Egg Smell
- Bacteria in the tank sediment fed from hydrogen gas created from decay of sacrificial anode.
- Flush water heater
- Using a hydrogen peroxide solution of 2 pints 3% peroxide to 40 gallons of water, treat tank and run some of the solution into water lines.
- Let peroxide solution set in tank and pipes for 2 hours. Solution is not toxic and requires no rinsing.
- If problem persists, replace anode with a zinc-alloy anode.
- If problem still remains, replace water heater with a plastic lined tank type.