A cross "T" diverter fitting for a hand held shower is one that will attach to the existing shower arm coming through the wall on one end, will attach the existing shower head to the other end. The flexible hand held shower supply pipe and hand shower unit also attach to the cross "T". To install this type of unit, proceed as follows:
- The installation is the same as the previous page Install Hand Held Shower - Standard Fitting except that you will also replace the old shower head (or a new one if you'd like) to the end of the cross "T".
- Screw the shower head onto the goose-neck shower arm and hand tighten as tight as possible.
- Fasten the flexible shower hose to the cross "T" in the same manner as a shower head.
- Turn the water back on at the faucet and check for leaks.
- If the shower head leaks at the connection to the threaded shower arm, you need to tighten the connection some more and may need to carefully use a wrench.
- So as not to mar the finish on the shower head base, again use a heavy cloth, piece of leather or duct tape between the surface and the adjustable wrench.
- Carefully tighten the connection slightly and be careful not to over tighten the joint.
- Repeat until there is no leak.